1. Last weekend, I had a bit of a staycation and became obsessed with Marin County. It was only supposed to be a few hours in some tiny little town called Marshall, CA for (other people to eat) oysters and catching up. It turned into a whole afternoon filled with friends, bubbles and great stories. And I ate oysters. I blame the bubbles. Moral of the story: staycations can be a wonderful thing!
2. Jessica made these tacos and I can’t stop thinking about them. I know she said maybe no crockpot, but I’m going to crockpot. I mean, come home from work and BOOM tacos.
3. I don’t think it’s a secret that I love chicken ‘n dumplins and Joy’s version has my mouth watering. Is it too soon to throw a fit that California hasn’t had a winter? Will my East Coast friends hate me? All I want to do is make comfort food with it raining outside..
4. Because, clearly, I need another reason to eat more cheese. This study says I’m supposed to eat cheese all the time! Or.. something like that.
5. We’ve heard of swapping out toiletries in favor of putting airplane-sized booze in your TSA-approved bag for liquids while traveling (or is that just me?), but have you heard of this? I’ve actually sampled it before and it’s tasty! Love the ingenuity in my fellow Napans.