Loves! Today, we are celebrating three years worth of In Natalie’s Shoes!
Some of you have been around since the first post I ever shared with you dear readers (clearly it was going to be about food). Starting out, I’m pretty sure that my wonderful Aunt Donna was my first reader. Yay for family support! But now, I have a whole slew of you who check in on what I’m cooking and where I’m traveling to on my Twitter, Instagram, and good ol’ WordPress. You guys are the. best. ever. Thank you for making me laugh, feel welcome, always giving me useful tips for my adventures.
I have a few thoughts on In Natalie’s Shoes turning 3:
- I’m so grateful for continuing to meet some of you IRL (I’m looking at you, Jessica, the romantic and the hubs & Mr. and Mrs. O!), arranging cross-country cookie swaps with others (Allie, Karla, Amber, Jazzy & Coco) and chatting with everyone else I consider my internet friends!
- Even though I’m still balancing blogging with real life (work) and social life, I continue to strive to be better at it. I hope you’re as excited as I am about my brand new Friday Five series, where we can catch up each week.
- Recently, I was reminiscing on my post for last year’s birthday/anniversary/celebration. I’m still loving that people continue to like going on adventures in the kitchen with me. I feel that the excerpt below is still true today and love that you guys still love me, regardless!
Because I’m not a professional food/travel/craft blogger, and that means nothing turns out perfectly, recipes aren’t followed to a tee and that I am 100% using my iPhone camera for all of the photos I take. This blog is a hobby and I truly appreciate everyone for understanding that.
- I’d like to think I’m a better (iPhone) photographer, than I was in my earliest posts. I’d also like to think I’ve honed my skills at selecting better and fewer photos, rather than overwhelming you lovely readers. However, I think the trade-off is that I talk more. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not.. Either way, I’ll continue to try to improve. So adult-like.
- Oh, and I have a little surprise for you all in the works. A new look, a giveaway, some partnerships and a few little secrets will be shared soon. Keep an eye out!
P.S. I’m dyyyying to tell you all about some recent adventures and all of the ones in the future. Okay, that was dramatic. But it’s true.
Cheers, friends! xx Nat