Happy long weekend! Do you have any plans for the Fourth? I’ll be sitting poolside, gimlet in hand, sending gratitude to our founding fathers for declaring us independent from mother Britain. But also slightly bummed that afternoon tea, British accents, and gap year didn’t stick in American culture following our divorce. Can’t win them all.
Celebratory Purple Basil Gimlet
Let’s get on with a slightly patriotic Friday Five, shall we?
1. I’m a big fan of “poke” cakes. They’re very American. This patriotic one takes the.. cake? (Sorry, not sorry.) I’m drooling.
2. With less than half the year left, I’m day dreaming of visiting all the places on this list of destinations to visit in 2016!
3. Crescent rolls aren’t only for the holidays! Loving these crescent roll upgrades featuring hacks for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert!
4. Karla made this breakfast staple without having to fry anything. Then she shared it with us. She rocks!
5. This is probably the most important/American study I’ve ever read. I now know which ice cream offers both the highest cookie dough-to-ice cream ratio.