It’s been an interesting couple of months weather-wise here in Napa Valley. Highs in the 90s one day and hail storms on others. Is it winter? Is it spring? Sprinter?
When it’s hot out, I want nothing to do with the kitchen. I want a big fresh salad and a glass of sauv blanc on the patio, please. But on days with clouds or rain, I want to be cozy in the kitchen, baking something tasty. And thankfully, it doesn’t have to be anything terribly difficult. I usually just create a new version of my favorite 1, 2, 3 Cookies, like I did here.
One of my favorite things about 1, 2, 3 Cookies is how versatile the recipe is. Have extra pecans on hand? Throw them in. Someone doesn’t like dried cranberries? Swap them out for raisins. Want all chocolate everything? Use a combo of white, milk and dark chocolate chips. The only recipe constant is the core group of ingredients: 1 cake mix, 2 eggs, and 1/3 cup of oil. You get to pick the flavor cake mix and what you mix in with every single batch. Get creative!
1, 2, 3 Cookies: Chocolate White Chip Cranberry
- 1 chocolate fudge cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Roll cookie dough into 1″ balls and place 1-2″ apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Take tray out and cool for few minutes before removing cookies from the tray to cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes approximately 36 cookies.
You could also roll the dough into balls and freeze on a cookie sheet, before storing them in a freezer bag for easy access to tasty cookies whenever you’d like.
I just want you to have easy cookies!
These tasty cookies come out crisp on the outside but chewy in the middle. They’re absolutely perfect for dunking into coffee or a glass of milk. Whether or not you’re doing this while in bed with your pjs on and reading a good book/watching a movie while it’s raining out is totally up to you.