Happy Friday! This is the happiest Friday in a while, because I’m finally feeling like I’m kicking this monster of a cold in the butt. And getting over this cold means I’m getting my appetite back– hallelujah! With the Superbowl in a week (Go Broncos!), I’ll be making this spinach dip that’s perfect for any gathering or party and for me stuffing my face.
I found this recipe on AllRecipes a while back, in a time where I was not a spinach dip fan. Yes friends, such a time existed, and it was quite recently. Remember how I keep talking about this housewarming party Shaylyn and I threw back in June (see here and here)? Well that was the event that changed me into a spinach dip lover. Well, a lover of my spinach dip.
Needing a party-friendly recipe, I decided quickly look up spinach dip, since apparently everyone loves it. I made it, along with a bunch of other things, and went on
shoving everything in my closet and under my bed cleaning up the house before party time.
When party time came, everyone was straight raving about this dip I’d made. I decided to try it while there was still some left. I was so glad I had! It was so tasty that I ended up eating a lot. And then, when it was all gone, people were asking me for my recipe. I admitted guiltily that I had only picked a random spinach dip recipe off of a recipe site and that this was the first time I’d made spinach dip.
Since that ridiculously hot June afternoon, I’ve made this fabulous dip for many events, each time altering it a bit, but not by much. Here’s how I make Perfect Party Spinach Dip:
- 1 bag of frozen spinach thawed and excess water squeezed out (10 oz.-16 oz. depending on what’s available and how much spinach you like in your dip. I like lot.)
- 1 16 oz. container of sour cream (get the regular full fat version– no one is judging you and it tastes better)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (see my note about sour cream..)
- 1 4 oz. can of sliced water chestnuts (whole will work, but you have to chop more)
- 1 packet of leek soup mix
- 2 sourdough baguettes or 1 large loaf (you can do a whole round, but I feel like a lot of bread gets wasted)
- Chop up your water chestnuts into the smallest chunks possible (unless you’re okay with weird chunks in your dip).
- Mix with all other ingredients until well combined. Serve with sourdough baguette or a larger loaf cut into bite-sized squares. Stuff your face.
What I love about this recipe is that you can make it the night (or even two nights) before, and the flavor only gets better. I’ve made this for work parties, Thanksgiving this past year, and smaller get togethers. It’s always a hit! I know this Perfect Party Spinach Dip will be a huge hit at whatever Superbowl party I attend this year. Enjoy!